Protein bars are a great on-the-run snack, and are perfect when you need to reload after a tough workout. Try these filled with your favourite protein powder and lots of great and healthy ingredients. I prefer homemade protein bars over store-bought, because I always know exactly what’s in them, and I’m sure that there are no bad additives.
You know how most store-bought protein bars usually are pretty dry and hard to chew? Well, when I called this bar gooey – I meant it. The bar is super gooey and soft, and super delicious!
I use my favourite protein powder from Pure Power. For these bars I used the one with vanilla flavour. You can find it right here.
– INGREDIENTS –
200 g (1 scoop is often 20 g) vanilla protein powder (I use this one from Pure Power)
125 g / 2 1/3 cups rolled oats
20 g / 2 tbsp chopped almonds
3 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp agave sirup
1-2 dl / 0,5-1 cup milk of your own choice (I used oat milk)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 chocolate bar (85%)
extra chopped almonds
– DIRECTIONS –
- Mix all the dry ingredients (protein powder, oats, almonds, cacao powder and salt), except chocolate, in a large bowl.
- When mixed well, add the wet ingredients (agave sirup, milk and peanut butter). Mix well. If it’s too dry add more milk, and if it’s too wet add more oats.
- Place the batter in a container suitable for the freezer. Press the batter into the form, and distribute it evenly. The layer should be 2-3 cm thick, or your preferred thickness. Let it freeze for approximately an hour, or until it is rather firm.
- Cut the protein bars with a sharp knife. Melt the chocolate and either sprinkle it on them, or dip the bars in it. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Store in an air tight container in your fridge. Enjoy!