These Blueberry and Vanilla Mini Cakes manage to attain the perfect combination between bitter and sweet. A real winner in my book. Remember last years Strawberry and Lime Mini Cakes? This recipe is down the same aisle, as they are both raw mini cheesecakes.
The recipe is fairly simple. You start off by making the two-ingredient base. After that, you make the vanilla layer. Lastly, you make the blueberry layer, which consists of half of the vanilla layer and added blueberries.
Remember to soak the cashews overnight!
– INGREDIENTS –
1 1/2 dl / 2/3 cup almonds
2 1/2 dl / 1 cup cashews, unsalted (soaked overnight)
1 1/2 dl / 2/3 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp agave sirup
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tablespoon creamed coconut butter or melted coconut oil
Half of the white layer
2 1/2 dl / 1 cup blueberries (frozen and thawed are fine)
1/2 tbsp agave sirup
– DIRECTIONS –
- Soak the cashews overnight. Forgot to soak them? Boil some water and let them sit in that for an hour. Overnight is best, but this works in a pinch.
- Blend the dates and almonds in a food processer until it’s sticky and cohesive.
- Press into cupcake moulds.
- Remove the cashews from the water, and blend everything in a food processor.
- Use half of the mixture to create the second layer of the cakes.
- Add blueberries to the remaining half of the layer. Blend it in a food processor.
- Gently pour the blueberry layer on top of the vanilla layer.
- Place everything in your freezer, and wait at least 3 hours. Let them thaw for 20-30 minutes before eating, as they are meant to have a cheesecake texture. Enjoy!