My sister and I are desperately longing for summer, and are warming up with these delicious caramel and almond bars. And yes, they are just as delicious and gooey as they look.
When I made these bars, I was actually a little shocked about how something so simple, could be so good. All you need to do is mix the base in your food processor, mix in the roasted almonds, and cover with chocolate.
– INGREDIENTS –
3 1/2 dl / 1 1/2 cup dates
1 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 dl / 1/4 cup coconut cream*
3 tbsp peanut butter
a pinch of salt
3 1/2 dl / 1 1/2 cup roasted almonds
120g dark chocolate
cacao nibs for sprinkling
*the top layer of canned coconut milk
– DIRECTIONS –
- Mix the dates, vanilla powder, coconut cream, peanut butter and a pinch of salt in your food processor until smooth. This will take a few minutes.
- Place the mixture in a medium sized mixing bowl. Roast the almonds on a pan, chop them coarsely, and mix them into the date mixture. Press the mixture into a small paper lined tray.
- Chop the chocolate finely. Melt half of the chocolate in a water bath, remove from the water and mix in the other half. This gives the chocolate the right temperature. Pour the chocolate over the almond mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs. Place in your freezer to set overnight (it will still remain quite gooey)
- Remove from the freezer, slice into bite sized pieces and served (I halved the sliced on the pictures before serving). Keep the leftover slices in an airtight container in your freezer until next serving.