Finally! It’s summer! A few days ago, Mai and I celebrated this with our friend over a bowl of Peach Nice Cream. Nice Cream has become a huge hit for us, and we enjoy it very often! This time we mixed in some frozen peaches, because it’s peach season, and therefore we had to try a peach variant of the delicious Nice Cream.
Enjoy this in the sun with your loved ones, or over a good book in a sun chair. It has that perfect summery taste for sunny days. This Nice Cream is a sure favourite in our house, and it’s here to stay!
– INGREDIENTS –
1 ripe peach, frozen and chopped
3 ripe bananas, frozen and chopped
a splash of plant based milk (or other mild-tasting liquid, i used coconut/almond milk – or just water)
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao powder
cacao nibs (optional)
– DIRECTIONS –
- Chop ripe bananas and a ripe peach (preferably spotted). Freeze peaches and bananas, for 5+ hours.
- Remove fruit from freezer, and thaw for 5 minutes.
- While your fruit is thawing, make the raw chocolate drizzle – melt coconut oil in a small casserole on medium heat. When the oil is melted and clear, add cacao powder and whisk until even. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place bananas and peaches in food processor. Pulse until it has turned into small chunks.
- Add your choice of milk, and pulse until it turns into a creamy ice cream – nice cream.
- Scoop the nice cream into your serving bowl, drizzle with raw chocolate, and sprinkle with cacao nibs. Enjoy!