It’s June, meaning summer is officially here! If you’re planning on doing outdoor summer activities, it’s a good idea to have some snacks on hand so you won’t get hungry. Try bringing these yummy Apricot and Banana Granola Bars with you as a tasty and healthy snack.
I’ve been quite busy and a bit overwhelmed these past couple of weeks by all the things I had to get done, so I didn’t spend as much time as I would have liked on making new recipes. But I have started my study period now, and since I don’t have any exams to study for, I will have lots of time for new snacks! Yay!
Back to the recipe – I used apricots in them but if you’re not a fan, you can substitute them for any other dried berries. The same counts for the nuts and seeds, you can use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
– INGREDIENTS –
1 dl / 1/2 cup oat flour
2 dl / 1 cup rolled oats
1 dl / 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used almonds)
1 dl / 1/2 cup apricots, chopped (or other preferred dried berries)
1 dl / 1/2 cup seeds (I used pumpkin seeds)
1 small banana
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2,5 tbsp. acacia honey
1/2 dl / 1/3 cup peanut butter
Optional – a little dark chocolate to sprinkle on top (I used 80%)
– DIRECTIONS –
- Preheat your oven to 175 c / 350 f.
- Make oat flour by blending the oats in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oats, nuts, seeds and chopped apricots to the oat flour.
- Mash 1 banana with a fork.
- Melt coconut oil on pan, at medium heat. Add acacia honey, peanut butter and mashed banana to the pan. Stir until everything is well combined, but make sure not to burn it.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Press down into a small oven proof dish lined with baking paper. Press it tightly to make sure it everything sticks together.
- Bake it in oven at 175 c / 350 f for about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on it, it should be a little golden when done, but not start to turn brown!
- Let them cool completely before you carefully cut them into granola bars of your preferred size. If you start cutting them before they have cooled, they will crumble!
- When cooled and cut, you can sprinkle melted chocolate over the bars.
- They should keep for about a week in an airtight container in the fridge, enjoy!