The healthy kind of Twix Bars! These Twix Bars have a vanilla cashew base, and a gooey date and peanut butter caramel, dipped in raw chocolate. I was quite surprised, because these are actually really, really good, I’d actually say better than the real thing ;).
This is how you layer the Twix Bar: first you spread the cashew base in a baking tin. Then you spread the caramel layer over the cashew base. Freeze this for an hour or until hardened, and dip them in the raw chocolate, carefully though, because they can thaw a bit and because soft.
– INGREDIENTS –
Vanilla Cashew Base:
1/2 cup / 1 dl cashews
1/2 cup / 1 dl ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup / 0,5 dl acacia honey
1/2 cup / 1 dl (aprox. 12) dates, pitted
1/4 cup / 1/2 dl peanut butter
1 pinch sea salt
1 tbsp water
Raw Chocolate Shell:
1/2 cup / 1 dl coconut oil
1/2 cup / 1 dl cacao powder
1/4 cup / 1/2 dl acacia honey
1 pinch of salt
– DIRECTIONS –
Vanilla and Cashew Base
- Prepare a small baking tin by lining it with a piece of baking paper.
- Blend cashews and ground almonds in a food processor until it has turned into a meal. Add sea salt and vanilla powder and blend for a few seconds. Add acacia honey and process until the dough has turned into a ball.
- Spread the vanilla base in the baking tin. It should be approximately 0.3 cm thick.
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes or until soft. Roughly mash dates with a fork.
- Places dates in food processor. Add peanut butter, water and salt. Pulse ingredients are blended and has turned caramel-like.
Layering the Bars:
- In baking tin with the base, spread an even layer of caramel over the base.
- Set in freezer for an hour or until hardened.
- When frozen cut into long and thin bars. Place in freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Melt coconut oil. Whisk in cacao powder. Whisk in acacia honey and salt.
- Remove bars from freezer and dip them into the raw chocolate using your hands.