Mother’s Day is coming up and it’s time to treat our mothers, or yourself, with some delicious treats. These Strawberry Bounty Bars are super healthy, super delicious, and perfect for you or your mother! I know I’ll be treating my mother to some of these little bars tomorrow :).
– INGREDIENTS –
1 1/2 cups / 150g coconut, desiccated
150g coconut cream (the upper layer of canned coconut milk)
4 tbsp acacia honey
1 tsp vanilla powder
3 1/2 tbsp strawberry powder (or blended freeze-dried strawberries)
150g melted chocolate (70-80%)
– DIRECTIONS –
- In a large bowl, mix desiccated coconut, coconut cream and acacia honey.
- Add vanilla powder and strawberry powder.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Shape clumps of mixture into bar shapes. Place on tray. Set aside while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate, with a spoon, over the bars (try not to lift them up, they are quite fragile). Make sure all the bars are covered completely.
- Gently press some freeze-dried strawberries on top of the wet chocolate.
- When the chocolate is hardened drizzle some chocolate over the bars. Leave to harden in fridge again.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks.