These raw mini-cakes taste exactly like summer! The sour taste from the limes, combined with the sweet taste of the strawberries, and the discrete taste of vanilla. Only one word to describe this, heavenly!
It doesn’t taste like it, but this recipe is actually very simple! You start of by making the easy 4-ingredient base, then you press it into the cupcake moulds. After that, you make the strawberry and lime layer, and pour on top of the bottom. Freeze overnight and you’re ready to eat!
75g / 1 cup / 2dl rolled oats
60g / 0,5 cup / 1 dl almonds
1 tsp vanilla powder
240g / 1,5 cup / 3 dl dates, unpitted
Strawberry & Lime Layer:
300g / 2 cups / 5 dl strawberries (frozen is okay, but let them thaw first)
120g / 0,5 cup / 1 dl skyr
150g / 0,5 cup / 2 dl mascarpone
juice of 2 limes, and the zest of one of them
1 tsp vanilla powder
3 tbsp agave sirup (or acacia honey)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– DIRECTIONS –
- Blend oats, almonds and vanilla powder in food processor, and pulse until chopped well. Add dates and pulse until you have a sticky clump of date mass.
- Press mixture into the bottom of cupcake moulds (I used silicones moulds). Make sure the mixture reaches the sides, and that the layer is even.
- Set the moulds aside or into the freezer while you get the next layer ready.
- If you have extra date mixture, roll into balls to make bliss balls.
Strawberry and Lime Layer:
- Start of by mashing the strawberries with a fork. If they’re too hard, give them a few seconds in the food processor. Although not too long! They’re good with strawberry chunks.
- Pour the strawberries into a bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir immediately after adding coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined. If the mixture still has clumps of either mascarpone, skyr or hardened coconut oil, give the mixture a few seconds in the food processor until it is smooth.
Combining the Layers:
- Pour the strawberry and lime mixture over the base. Fill the cupcake moulds.
- If you have extra, pour into ice cube moulds, to make strawberry and lime cubes.
- Place the cakes in a freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the freezer 1 hour before eating. Decorate and enjoy!
- Depending on how long it has been on the freezer, you may have to let it sit for a little more. It shouldn’t be frozen and hard when you cut it.
- Serve and enjoy!