These crackers were above all my expectations! They are perfectly cracky and salty, and they are filled with healthy seeds!
A few days ago my friend, Cornelia, came and said that I had to try these crackers she had made, I did, and they were amazing! So of course I made some myself (a lot actually). Go ahead and try them as well!
– INGREDIENTS –
1 dl / almost 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 dl / almost 1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 dl / almost 1/2 cup flax seeds
1 dl / almost 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 dl / almost 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3 1/2 dl / 1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp salt
2 dl / a little over 1/2 cup water
1,25 dl / 1/2 cup olive oil
– DIRECTIONS –
- Mix oats, sesame seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. (All the dry ingredients).
- Add water and oil to mixture. Mix well. Yes, it’s supposed to be sticky!
- Place a piece of baking paper on your table. Pour half the dough onto it. Place another baking paper on top. (This way you can roll it, without the dough sticking to your rolling pin)
- Roll out the dough. It should be very thin (as thin as the pumpkin seeds).
- Place the dough with the baking paper on a baking tray. Remove the upper layer of baking paper.
- Do the same with the other half of the dough.
- Slice into squares on the baking tray.
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20 minutes. It may be necessary to give it a little extra time, the crackers have to be golden brown.
- Let them cool, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature.