Lara Bar is actually just a cooler word for granola bar. But the thing about Lara Bars, is that it is actually just bliss balls in a bar shape. So if you’re looking for a super simple, and super easy granola bar, you’re at the right place!
For the Lara Bars, it’s good to have a little crunch. To make sure the almonds and coconut don’t turn into a meal, I started of blending them, removing them from the food processor blending the dates, and then I added the coconut and almond mixture when the dates were all blended and sticky. Blend a bit again to mix everything together. After this you can add the cacao nibs and pulse for a few seconds only.
– INGREDIENTS –
makes 4 bigger, or 8 smaller bars
1/2 / 1 dl almonds
1/2 cup / 1 dl coconut, dessicated
2/3 cup / 2 dl dates, unpitted
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1/4 cup / 1/2 dl cacao nibs
– DIRECTIONS –
- Places almonds and coconut in a food processor. Blend until it’s like a very chunky meal.
- Place the meal in a separate bowl and set aside. Places dates in food processor, pulse until as smooth as possible.
- Add the meal you set aside to the date mixture. Blend again, until the everything is well combined.
- Add cacao nibs to the mixture and blend again, for a few seconds only. You don’t want the cacao nibs to be all chopped up!
- Roll out mixture on a cutting board. Use your hands to make a large square. Cut the larger square into smaller parts. (I cut 4 pieces, but I later cut those pieces into halves).
- Cool for 20-30 mins in fridge. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!